What is a Box Mod Vape?
A box mod is a large, quality battery that functions similar to a vaporizer. But the Mod is only the battery so 510 atomizer attachments are needed to start vaping anything. A vaporizer mainly consists of a battery but also includes a built-in heating chamber and mouthpiece which is the main difference between the two.
Common Vape Mod Attributes
- Large Powerful Battery Mods first became super popular for use with e juice vapers. The larger size means more capacity for energy storage to make sure clouds can be blown all day and night without dying. Varying battery sizes are available but typically you can expect to find above average mah capacity compared to vaporizers.
- Compatible with herb, oil and wax atomizers Just about every vape mod in the industry comes with the standard 510 adapter port for standard 510 atomizer tanks. Tanks are available whether you are an herb person or another e cig user with e juice. Literally hundreds of options exist when you include atomizer tanks from the beginning until now. The options can be overwhelming and definitely confusing if you are a first time user. Just reach out to our friendly customer service and we can help answer any question you may have.
- Cool Features and Functionality Vape Mods usually come with an LED screen that displays all sorts of information such as the temperatures, battery life and more. Some Mods come with blue tooth and can perform as a speaker for your phone. Most don't have the blue tooth, but average mods have the ability to detect and control wattage input or output so that you can fine tune the settings to make the atomizer-mod match perfectly. In addtion , average box mods come with a more advanced computer chip that regulates the flow of electricity both in and out allowing you to fine-tune the temperature of your coils to optimize your vape experience.
- Portability At first the box mod was on average more bulky than a typical herb or wax vape, especially when you take the 510 attachment into account. However, they were still portable, although a bag or cargo pocket was a more likely destination than the front pocket of fitted jeans. But as with the entire vaporizer industry, things have developed and smaller devices with similar punch are now more widely available and you may even find one to fit into your skinny jeans!
- Longevity Any used 510 vape attachment will need to be replaced or fitted with a new coil before the battery within your mod dies. Unless of course you beat the thing with a bat or expose it to some other form of severe environment like water. But for the most part, when dealing with repsonsible sellers such as NY Vape Shop, you will receive mods that will last longer than you can hang on to it. Most users typically come back for a second because they lost the old one, gave it to a friend, want to upgrade or simply just want to buy another one for whatever reason.
Is a Box Mod the right vaporizer for me?
The answer can be pretty complex but we won't get too crazy. In short, this is certainly an option that can be considered when looking for a vaporizer. But what are you looking to vape? What are you looking to achieve?
If you are an e cig person looking for a device to vape e juice, any Box Mod with an oil liquid attachment will work for you, and it is a solid choice. With e juice, users typically look for the power that mods provide so large smoke clouds can be blown, all day. 510 attachments are more popular among e juice vapors so if you already have an assortment of attachments you can still make use of them with a new mod. Other options for you are the cheaper skinny pen batteries that work with skinny 510 oil cartridges. Or perhaps the disposable ones are an option too.
For wax vapers looking for a device, this is an option but for newbies and amateurs, we'd recommend going with some sort of vape pen specifically designed for use with wax concentrates. There are many options to choose from just within that category. Vape mods can be equipped with 510 wax atomizers, but the setup and use is not as straightforward; although after some time and attention to proper use, you will be able to get the hang of it no problem.
Looking for an Herb vaporizer? First off, if you are looking for True Vaporization, meaning you don't want to produce smoke because you want a healthier vaping experience, then a box mod is NOT the way to go. You should go with a vaporizer such as the E-CLIPSE or Stoner Joe dry herb vaporizer. Although mods can be equipped with attachments and glass screens that ultimately lead to True Vaporization, expecially for beginners looking for the healthier vapor experience, we strongly recommend going with a vape like one of the 2 mentioned above otherwise you may be disappointed.