It’s critical that you keep on top of cleaning your vape when using oils. Oil, by nature, is viscous and sticky and it’s very easy for your machine to clog up, reducing airflow if your screens are relatively gunk free.
To clean the mouthpiece of an oil vaporizer pen, take a soft cotton cloth or cotton swab to wipe away any loose dirt or debris. For more stubborn residue, you can dampen the cotton cloth or swab with rubbing alcohol (Fingernail polish remover works just fine), but make sure you check the manual first as some models react negatively when they come in contact with those types of liquids. If you do use rubbing alcohol, make sure you rinse the mouthpiece in warm water prior to use.
Your portable oil vaporizer pen’s screen can be cleaned two ways.
1. You can soak it in rubbing alcohol for about 5 minutes and then rinse it with warm water.
2. You bring a small pot of water to a boil and then drop the screen in there until clean—if you stir the screen around you’ll notice the residue starting to come off.
1. Open the chamber and separate the mouthpiece. (Clean the mouthpiece separately with the instructions above)
2. Use a clean dab tool to scrape out any large chunks of wax or residue from your atomizer – be very careful to avoid the coil.
3. After removing all the sediment you can, use a Q-tip, dab tool or cotton bud dipped in rubbing alcohol to rub the rim and the inner lining of the chamber until clean (make sure to wring out the cotton swab so nothing drips into the bottom of the chamber).
After consuming the oil, you will notice is the intense flavor, much more intense than dry herbs. Next, you’ll feel the high. Oil is a concentrated and therefore VERY strong. Less is more. Start off with a very small dose and working your way up until you find your ideal level of high.