How is Wax Concentrate Made
The dry herb is placed into a long tube or pipe and hit with highly flammable butane. The butane is used to extricate THC, marijuana's active ingredient, in a hardened, notably potent form. This process is very dangerous and should only be done by professionals.
Besides butane, another component you can utilize to make cannabis wax is CO2. To do this, you take CO2 as a gas or a liquid and pressurize it to anything above 1078 PSI. Be careful with this and don’t have the temperature go too high. As you pass the gas through the CO2, it will pull the oils, waxes, and other materials out of the plant leaving you with a concentrate.
Materials Used to extract Wax include:
- Dry Sieve
- Isopropyl Alcohol
Various names Wax Concentrate Goes By
- Ear Wax/ Wax - appropriately named for its waxy appearance and resemblance to ear wax.
- Shatter - a refined version of ear wax, typically involving multiple steps (with a pressure vacuum) to extract all the plant matter and solvents. Shatter is semi-transparent glass-looking wax that easily ‘shatters’ when handled.
- Crumble - a wax that is soft and has a brittle texture. To create crumble, you take the oil that has been purged of butane and agitate it by raising the temperatures under vacuum or whipping it oil and putting it back under vacuum at the same temperature.
How Wax is Consumed
Wax can be consumed using a wax vaporizer or a rig. The process of ingesting it is called "dabbing" or taking a hit of a dab.To use a rig, you must first set up it up with water and attach your Domeless nail. The Domeless dab nail can either be titanium, quartz, or ceramic. The top surface of the domeless dab nail is then heated with a blowtorch until it becomes extremely hot. At that point, you will scoop up a small bit of wax using your dabbing tool (that’s where the term taking a hit of a dab of wax comes from) and then touch the dabber and wax to the surface of the dab nail. As soon as you touch the hot surface, the wax will start going up in smoke and you begin to inhale and take your hit.
Wax Things to Keep in Mind
- The process of making wax is extremely dangerous and should only be attempted by professionals. One small mistake could lead to a massive explosion resulting in bodily harm and property damage.
- Wax concentrates are very potent, more so than dry herbs.
- Wax concentrates are not cheap. Because they are more potent than dry herb vaporizers, prices are more expensive than dry herbs.
- Taking dabs with a dab rig is not for everyone. So, if you don’t want to go that route, then you’ll need a wax vape pen. Wax Pens are small, easy to conceal vaporizers that you will really enjoy.
- If you want more than a typical wax pen can offer, but do not want to deal with the dab rig set up, there is a vape that can offer dabbing experiences close to the dab rig experience. Try out a box mod vape which you can equip with a wax vape tank. With the right wax vape tank, a box mod has more than enough power to super heat wax with the vape coils and offer the user a vapor cloud dabbing worthy experience.
Related Blog Posts
What Is A Titanium Dab Nail